Wheelock Chapter 3 Worksheet
Directions: Translate the following adjective/noun phrases into Latin according to the case and number provided. Remember that adjectives and nouns agree in CASE, NUMBER, and GENDER and do not necessarily LOOK as if they agree. You may refer to this running vocabulary to see which words appear in which chapter (hopefully, this will be all the hint you will need to seize upon the correct Latin word)
Print this out and bring it with you to class on Monday.
1. to/for the greedy man
2. the Roman poet (nom sing)
3. ancient wisdom (acc sing)
4. of few fields
5. to/for my sons
6. ancient farmer (nom sing)
7. a large field
8. of your country
9. many boys (acc pl)
10. of the greedy farmer
11. few romans (nom pl)
12. my friends (4 women and one man) (nom pl)
13. to my daughter
Now translate the following sentences, which use the above phrases in sentences:
1. I see the son of the greedy farmer (refer to #10).
2. I give life to my daughter (refer to #13).
3. Few Romans own a large field (refer to #7 and #11).
4. The Roman poet has ancient wisdom (refer to #2 and #3).
5. We praise the reputation of your country (refer to #8).
All Rights Reserved
date this page was edited last: