Selecting a Simple Random Sample
- Select a Single Member
- Let N be the size of the population.
MATH menu titles appear.
- Select the
PRB menu title.
PRB menu appears.
randInt, item #5. The expression
randInt( appears in the display.
- Press comma.
- Enter the value of N.
ENTER. A random integer from 1 to N appears in the display.
- Select a Sample of size n, with Replacement
- Follow the instructions to select a single member to get the first member.
ENTER repeatedly. Each time, a new random integer appears.
- After pressing
ENTER n times, you have a sample of n members (possibly with repetitions).
- Select a Sample of size n, without Replacement
- Follow the instructions to select a sample, with replacement, to get a collection of n integers.
- For each repeated value, reject it and press
- Once you have n distinct numbers, you have your sample.